OUR MENTORING PROGRAMME
Unfortunately, due to limited capacity, we can offer the first round of the introductory workshops just only to the first 20 registered applicants.
Now you can attend initial workshops on 6 April – STEM and 7 April – arts / humanities / social sciences. Please select the relevant date here.
The essential goal of the programme is to support the professional development of doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers, facilitate the launch of their academic career, and help them make future plans.
You can upload the handbook CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF EARLY CAREER RESEARCHES here.
Steps to the Goal:
- help junior researchers define their career goals and the steps to achieving them
- facilitate their navigation in the academic career system
- mediate networking, arrange for junior researchers to meet with both their peers and more experienced researchers to expand the scope of their professional opportunities
- encourage mutual sharing of experience between participants
- offer reassurance and encouragement to junior researchers
Junior researchers in their doctoral or postdoctoral stage; interested in support, information, consultations, networking and guidance provided by more experienced colleagues from any field of study, preferably not from their own institution.
Experienced researchers at higher than postdoctoral level working at public universities or research institutions; interested in sharing their experience with younger colleagues.
The program consists of two main parts:
- individual collaboration between the mentee and the mentor (one-to-one mentoring);
- group activities – workshops or lectures in professional and personal development.
February – December
Although it is up to the mentee and the mentor to decide how much time they are willing and able to spend on the programme, the benefit of the programme for both parties largely depends on the time and effort invested. Mentoring partners should complete at least two face-to-face meetings and stay touch by email or phone between the consultations.
Pictures of participants are taken at the end of each year for an exhibit about the programme.
BOOK OF INTERVIEWS WITH OUR MENTEES
FIRST YEAR REPORT
Have a look at all the activities of the first year! You can find a brief summary of the programme HERE.