LINKS AND RESOURCES
Do you want to know more about mentoring? Please visit the website of eument-net – European Network of Mentoring Programmes for the Advancement of Equal Opportunities and Cultural and Institutional Change in Academia and Research.
Kateřina Cidlinská former coordinator of the mentoring program of the National Contact Centre for Gender & Science presented practical information about the programme.
Renée Schroeder, a researcher at the Max F. Perutz Laboratories, University of Vienna, and the Medical University of Vienna, shared her experience with setting up an international mentoring programme for postdocs. For a recording of her presentation, click here.
Czech transcripts of the latter two presentations are available here.
- Nature’s guide for mentors
Lee, A., Dennis, C., Campbell, P. 2007. Nature 447: 791-797 (2007)
- Academic Mentoring – How to Give It and How to Get It
Detsky, A.S., Bearlocher M.O. JAMA 297: 2134-6 (2OO7)
- A new mindset on mentoring? Creating developmental networks at work
Kram, K.E., Higgins, M.C. Sloan Management Review (2009)
- Advice on Choosing a Successful Post-doctoral Position
Whitman, G., Guzik B., Goldstein L. ASCB NEWSLETTER MARCH 2005
- Postdoctoral Mentoring Program
Argonne National Laboratory
- Compact Between Postdoctoral Appointees and Their Mentors
Association of American Medical Colleges (2006)
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
Burroughs Wellcome Fund, Howard Hughes Medical Insttute (2006)
- Protégée’s Guide
National Center for Women & Information Technology, Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology
- Developing a Mentoring Plan
National Postdoctoral Association
- Guidelines on mentoring for newly appointed staff
University of Cambridge
- Mentee handbook
Wake Forest University