One of our goals is to improve the policy making process in the Czech Republic in terms of gender mainstreaming of national policies for research, development and innovation and to increase gender balance in decision-making and policy-making processes.
NATIONAL CONFERENCES ON GENDER AND SCIENCE
The Centre for Gender and Science organizes biannual national conferences on gender in science.
MEMBERSHIP IN WORKING GROUPS AND ADVISORY BOARDS
- Government Council for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men
- Working Group for Equal Opportunities for Women and Men
- Group on Gender in Research & Innovation
- The possibility to interrupt a postdoctoral grant on account of maternity/parental leave;
- Inclusion of the topic of gender equality in science into the Government Strategy for Gender Equality 2014–2020;
- Initiation of and support for promoting gender equality in research (Technology Agency of the Czech Republic, Czech Globe, University of Chemistry and Technology Prague);
- Debates on sexisms on campus (Beauty Contests, sexist PR of universities etc).