Join the Train-the-Trainers session in Berlin
Gender Equality Academy is now openly calling applicants for its capacity building session in Berlin. The project is contributing to building the next generation of gender trainers in Europe.
Following the successful completion of its commencing cycle of training sessions on different European locations, GE Academy is expanding. Thus, the project seeks to establish new collaboration ties and expand the network of gender experts.
In this respect, GE Academy has set to organise a new capacity building event dedicated to candidates keen on working towards the promotion of gender equality in research, innovation and higher education. On April 27th, the project will hold the three-days “Train-the-Trainers course” in Berlin.
The session will comprise specific learning objectives for its participants, as shown below:
- Situate the role of gender training in structural change processes in research and innovation, using the Gender Equality Plan (GEP) and GEAR tool for institutional change.
- Identify and apply gender-sensitive and participatory principles and practices as a fundamental component of transformative structural change.
- Expand and apply the participant’s knowledge on gender equality in research and innovation.
- Understand the GE Academy processes in view of becoming part of the Pan-European network of gender trainers.
The participation is free of charge and selected attendees will be presented the opportunity to furtherly engage with GE Academy by becoming trainers and co-trainers to its upcoming session. At this point, it should be noted that a set of eligibility criteria has been set to attain well-informed and adequate audience participation. Consequently, the participants of this recruiting session should demonstrate the following:
- Proven knowledge and expertise in gender
- Training specific skills: adult pedagogy skills, communication skills
- Organisation-specific knowledge: expertise in the policy field of R&I or in change/institutional processes
- Interest and willingness to deliver gender trainings on behalf of the GE Academy in different locations
- Flexibility to give trainings based on host institutions’ availability and schedule
What is more, the additional features below will be taken into account as beneficial for the interested candidates:
- Experience in facilitation techniques and group dynamics
- Previous experience as gender trainer
- Research experience and/or publications on structural change for gender equality
- Commitment to ongoing professional development in gender training
Interested candidates may find further information on the project’s dedicated page on the GE Academy website. Applications will be accepted by January 24th (17.00 Brussels time).
For further updates and overview of recent project news, highlights, activities and opportunities to get involved interested parties can subscribe to the GE Academy Newsletter list.
The Gender Equality Academy (GE Academy) Project, supported by EU under Horizon 2020, develops and implements a coherent and high-quality capacity building programme on gender equality in Research and Innovation (R&I) field, based on state-of-the-art knowledge. The project seeks to provide tailor-made training material in diverse formats, such as train-the-trainers, in-person trainings and interactive workshops, summer schools, webinars and online distributed open collaborative courses. Comprising a cross-national consortium of research organisations, institutions and academia, the programme’s ambitious goal is to produce and distribute training material in a minimum of 15 countries.